Saturday, March 14, 2009

Misty watercolored memories



Where I grew up, prom was like a town holiday. Everyone started getting ready at 10 in the morning, had appointments for hair and make-up, ordered our dresses from catalog companies, had reservations for dinner, etc. We literally treated it like rehearsal for our weddings or the Oscars. Needless to say, it was very formal.

I loved both of my prom dresses, but if I had one more chance to go, knowing what I do now, I would go short and have way, way, WAY more fun with accessories. And if I were a rich girl (or a cast member on Gossip Girl), I'd totally be rocking stuff like this (mostly from Net-a-Porter).

Left to right:
1) Dress by Zac Posen, bracelet from Anthropologie, shoes by Jimmy Choo.
2) Dress by Anna Sui, clutch by Christian Louboutin, shoes by Lanvin.
3) Dress by Zac Posen, clutch by Christian Louboutin, shoes by Miu Miu.

1 comment:

Amber said...

Oh, but I'd be much happier if I could have #1 in #3's color.

I still have my old prom dresses, randomly. Gave my other dance dresses away, but I have all my bridesmaid dresses as well. We should start a website devoted to prom memories and advice for girls now. And comments on the skank dresses you see in MySpace ads.