Tuesday, January 27, 2009

i'm in hibernation

Around this time of year, I just give up.

I don't get out of bed because it's too cold.

I don't cook because I'm too lazy. (Though I have been reading and re-reading my cookbooks, trying to figure out what recipes scare me the least.)

I just wake up and go to work and come home and go to sleep.

But there is so much promise wrapped up in this spring that I don't even feel bad about it.

Complaint time: I haven't even gotten my W-2 yet. What the hell? I wants to be filin my taxes!

In two weeks, I'm going to California, which will be the longest and furthest I have ever traveled, my first time on the West Coast, my longest flight ever, etc. etc. etc. I am SO excited. The only bad part is that I am taking my corporate-mandated unpaid furlough that week, so I have to be super miserly with my funds.

I've already decided I'm going to limit my purchases to like, one amazing accessory I can wear for my entire life and/or something for my home that I will have always. No sense wasting cash on clothes I won't wear in less than five years.

Today was our first snow of the entire year and I am disappointed. Partially because it happened on my day off, but wasn't enough to play in, and partially because I was kind of hoping to have a snowless winter since my neighbors moved out and they took care of shoveling the walk last year.

Anyone else hoping for a snowless winter? I guess we could just disregard our feelings about polar bears, use up a lot of energy and have snowless winters for the rest of times.

No comments: