Saturday, January 17, 2009

harnessing the wimsy




I really need to find a way to harness whimsy like event designer David Stark, whose team created the papier mache birds and cut-out bouquets.

I find winter really takes most ambition out of me simply because I want to stay in bed and hibernate. But hopefully this spring will get me moving again and I can try to be creative on my own, without a teacher or boss asking me to be for an assignment.

By the way, how awesome would it be to make a whole menagerie of papier mache birds? Mom, Sara: You seem like people who could help me with this project.

2 comments:

exit_265c said...

I totally want the cut-out bouquet on my desk. So far, it's only decorated by a rubber snake Ken left behind. You have no idea how close I am to bringing out the sombrero and Christmas lights.

Sara said...

I am loving that the words are visible on the birds, still. Oh, how I love word art. I once made a mobile covered in song lyrics.

Paper mache birds shouldn't be too hard, if you could come up with some kind of reliable frame...maybe using tape and newspaper and paper macheing overtop of it.