Tuesday, November 11, 2008

i want to ride my bicycle



Things are lovely at the moment in most cases. I'm currently driving a rental Kia Spectra while my car is in the shop. We just got a new employee, so I'm back to not only having two days off, but having weekends. I'm turning 24 on Saturday. And most exciting: Sean is going to let me pick out a bike for my birthday!

I really want a classic cruiser with a basket and a bell and a little dog and a baguette from a farmers' market. Hopefully, that will work out.

I'm also happy because even though there are always one or two things that aren't quite taken care of yet, I've been fairly productive. I ordered copies of my transcript just in case I need them in the future, I've bought several Christmas gifts already and I got a bunch of books to get me through the next month or so.

I read a terrifically inspiring piece about Bill Clinton's foundation and its work in Africa and I thought, "You know what? Times are hard, and I don't make a ton of money, but I could commit at least $100 a year to some kind of charity." So I think I'm going to do that. Donate at least $100 a year to something; lord knows they need it now more than ever since everybody is thinking the opposite. So for me, it will either be The Clinton Foundation or Harlem Children's Zone or something else that will probably lose funding as states make their budget cuts.

No comments: