Sunday, November 30, 2008

back up off

So, this may be an unpopular thing to say, but I really dislike salespeople.

They rarely sway my decisions. And I have such a psychotic aversion to asking strangers for help that there is no way they can ever be of use to me.

But I guess this time of year, everybody's after a commission.

I was at Ulta, looking at Anastasia brow powder when a salesgirl literally hands me an Urban Decay brow powder and is all, "Oh, it has so much more product, PLUS mini tweezers PLUS a mini brush PLUS an eyebrow wax for just $10 more dollars!"

First of all, I went to Ulta with the Anastasia product in mind. Second of all, I hate Urban Decay make-up. Thirdly, DID I ASK YOU?!

I got so annoyed I eventually put both away and left her section entirely. I'm not sure that's what either she or I had in mind.

Maybe I'm just crotchety but it seemed extremely pushy to me.

No comments: