Tuesday, April 15, 2008

What I've been up to...



1) Planning my trip to Fallingwater this weekend with Seanakins. We will have been dating 3 full years, ya'll!! Put your hands together.



2) Watching "Lou Grant" reruns on hulu.com (which, by the way, is sort of awesome if you have a hankering to watch old TV shows that aren't in syndication anymore). I don't know why ya'll never told me it's the best show. Also, am I crazy, or is Lou Grant (i.e. Ed Asner) kind of hot in a cranky, bald, journalistic way?



3) Reading D.H. Lawrence's "Lady Chatterley's Lover." It is infamously smutty, but maybe it would've had more effect if I'd read it back in 1926. I think, having grown up watching NYPD Blue, it's hard to shock me at this point. But, I will say, it's a heck of a lot better than Madame Bovary. Bovary sucks because it's lost all relevance and it's supposed to be shocking but doesn't have the smutty part. At least Chatterley has the smutty part.



4) Battling a fierce addiction to Kettle Chips. They are the greatest chips I've ever encountered. They are, simply put, the devil's work.

That's about it. Expect a much more fascinating post when I return from PITTSBURGH, the CAPITAL OF ROMANCE!

1 comment:

bret said...

a)i've been watching wkrp in cincinnati. i recommend the thanksgiving episode. for reals. watch it. it's one of the most famous in sitcom history for good reason.

b)lou grant is love. although i never liked his own series. he's only funny when he's playing off of mary or ted. mom loved his show though.

c)OMG!!!! i bought "Lady Chatterley's Lover" at b&n last week, but i havent started it yet. i plan on reading it to my nephew D.H. soon.

d)i bought a bag of kettle chips last week. i forgot which kind, but they were the awesome.