Tuesday, August 28, 2007

going down down down

I'm finally ready to post some pictures from my visit home and to Asheville.

In Wise, we have this gift/furniture shop called The Clapboard House. I went in for the first time in decades and found these gems:





yes, that's right. coal jewelry. and coal miners made of coal. meta, much?
Don't be jealous; I'll pick up some for ya'll come Christmastime.

Mark: those were not my floors; that's a wood table at a restaurant. I haven't moved yet (dammit!).

3 comments:

theshe said...

COAL PRIDE! REPRESENT!

I've always found this coal paraphernalia amusing, too. However, have you ever seen the metal tree sculpture mounted on a piece of coal in Jenay's office? It may be the coolest coal creation I've ever seen.

Amber said...

i am indeed a fan of that coal creation.

coal earrings...not so much.

a quarrel on kalakaua said...

ryan was wearing one of mr. tom's asheville shirts today.

--BMW RA at Vanderbilt!--

which i supposed meant bike rally.

it prompted a conversation in which ryan asked me all i knew (or didn't know) about the term "vanderbilt" in general.

me: does it have to do with a rich family or something like that? a university?
him: you know...rockefeller? jp morgan?
me: . . .

reason # 582 in support of my claim that i know a terrible lot of nothing about anything and everything.