Thursday, August 16, 2007

actually, that's irritating

I was supposed to see the ideal apartment tomorrow

$650, 1 bedroom, AC, Washer/Dryer, above a fancy restaurant in Staunton, across from the independent movie theater and literally BEHIND my new job.

but alas, the realtor, a kindly older gentleman, emailed me tonight and said, "Actually, it's rented. I was nervous when you said you couldn't see it today, but I didn't want it to sound like a threat. Call my friend Tim and say I sent you! He'll have some places to show."

I can't decide if that's really rude or really nice. For now, I'm going with "annoying."

I am, however, seeing a different apartment downtown tomorrow. It's an open showing, and I'm not really ready to put anything down, but whatever. We'll see how it goes. Bet you're all glad to be done with your housing searches, huh?

1 comment:

ryburke said...

i agree, quite annoying.

sorry i forgot to call! i'm a bad friend today. i'll talk to you soon.